Friday, July 18, 2008

FLORIDA

Aww yeah. . . . flip flops, fried shrimp and lots of lounging. Unfortunately, I had to go solo this time, the hubby is working this week. Weather is "nice," which is to say that it's not 95 with blazing sun and 100% humidity, like it usually is this time of year. Cloudy, 85 and 100% humidity, which is a nice change from 100+ degrees (with no A/C), dry and smoky from nearby forest fires. That said, we in the Bay Area are absolutely spoiled by picture-perfect weather for most of the year - I mean to point out that the variety is nice.  So far we've hit Gypsy Cab Co., my favorite restaurant of all time, and a relatively new one at the beach called La Cocina - this place is phenomenal - it's uncommon for any hotel restaurant to be this good. Outside of checking email occasionally and writing for the 2 or 3 people who read my blog (THANK YOU!), I am indulging in minimal responsibility and maximum free time for as long as I can. I forgot my camera, so there are no visuals (yet) but Dad just got an iPhone so I'll borrow his camera.