Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Break-up (round 2)

Someone who was recently a guest at Grace Cathedral's Forum said,
"Things really started to turn around when I decided to give up on having a more perfect past."

I'm not sure what I am looking for. Someone with an expansive world view, forward momentum and sense of contentment with himself while honestly recognizing his faults - who sees the cup as half-full and can appreciate all the little miracles of daily life. Someone who recognizes joy and embraces it, and reflects it back to me. In my past relationship, I felt like I was trying to alleviate some pain that I couldn't take away, and I wasn't experiencing enough joy to balance things out. Devin has a broken heart and I grieve for him - as much as I love him, I don't want to grieve anymore. It's the end of a 5 and a half year relationship.

Time is the great healer, right? Time, a drink or 2, a cat in my lap - work, work, work. If you know of anyone who wants me to take them to Japan, send them on over!